After picking out a loom, I set off to set up the warp threads and begin my very first weaving project. At first it was a bit frustrating trying to figure out why it wasn't working. After a few trials and errors, I finally realized the number of warp threads was one too few. When I finally nailed the counting, it was easy sailing..... until I started to get to the end.
One of the warp threads starting to unravel and unfortunately there is not much information online about fixing a warp thread on a knitting loom haha. I had to stop weaving in order preserve the project until I can find a suitable solution to fixing the thread.
So enough with my silly rant and on to some pictures!
Up close shots of the weaving detail.
.... damn warp thread!
My weaving is a little wonky, but for a first timer I'm pretty fuckin' proud!
What I learned from this project:
- Weaving is soooo relaxing!
- This takes less thought and future planning than other projects I've done.
- I can do this while doing my job! HAHA
- I'm in love with the color teal.... I need more teal in my life!
- I can't wait to wear this damn thing!